April 24, 2015
- Last week, 7 Ambassadors acted as hosts for Distinguished Alumni who were returning to the university to receive awards for their services and accomplishments. On April 18, an award ceremony and dinner was hosted in the blue room of Sutton Hall where the hosts were invited. It was a great weekend! A huge thank you to the hosts and congratulations to the award recipients!
- On May 2nd the Ambassadors will be having their annual formal. Members are invited to come lend a hand setting up at 3 pm!
- Katie Fox and the development committee have done an excellent job planning the annual spring retreat which will be held April 26 at Ligonier Camp and Conference center. It’s a great way to build teamwork and for new members to become acquainted with the older members!
- Hannah Simon announced that the Office of Procurement, where she and Matt O’Hara are currently employed, are looking for a new student worker. Contact Hannah for more information!
- Nicole Bailey recently held a conference she has been organizing.
- Katie Fox accepted a job as a playground leader at Blue Mountain Rec. Congrats Katie!
- Aaron Douthit has accepted an RN position at Geisinger hospital following graduation. Best of luck Aaron!
- Gabby Bradshaw has accepted a position with the Literacy AmeriCorps in Tampa Bay, Florida following graduation. Congrats and best of luck Gabby!
- This week was a bitter sweet meeting for the Ambassadors. We had our annual “Senior Send-off”, which was coordinated by Julia Snickles and the administration committee. Each senior received a “memory bag” that had different memories written by fellow ambassadors. Every senior was honored and had the opportunity to read a memory of their choice. Best of luck seniors! We are all so proud of you!
This week we have a very special ambassador of the week: all of the 15 seniors!! Thank you all for your hard work throughout your years in Ambassadors. We are all sad to see you go, but know you are moving on to amazing things in your lives. Thanks for all the memories and best of luck!