With everyone getting into their new routines as the new semester starts, the Ambassadors are busy taking on one of their most important tasks of the year – recruitment. Ambassadors are nominating students they think would be a great fit and non-Ambassadors are even choosing to nominate themselves. Also, during this time of the year, you’ll probably be seeing some of the Ambassadors in their #AmbassGear which often poses many questions:
“What are the Ambassadors?”
“What do you do?”
“Should I become an Ambassador?”
Well, here are some of the reasons you should become a ambassador:
1. You are able to connect with your school in such a different yet amazing way. President Mike Calhoun explains “Ambassadors has given me a chance to see a side of IUP that I never really experienced before.” From alumni events to campus tours, Ambassadors are always there to help on campus. And speaking of campus tours…
2. You are given the opportunity to lead or assist tours for Admission Expos and other campus events. Though it may sound a little intimidating at first, it is actually really fun! You were once in these high school students’ shoes once and now you have the opportunity to show them the reason as to why you fell in love with your school. Many Ambassadors are Crimson guides, regular campus tour guides, themselves and love the job!
3. Just to throw it out there, Ambassadors have some of the best gear on campus. You may see us with our sleek Ambassador track jackets. How do you get those? Well, become an Ambassador and you can order one!
4. You’ll have the opportunity to meet and network with so many different people. Ambassador Nicole Bradley explains the organization “acts as a bridge for prospective students, current students, and alumni.” There are many events, such as the Young Alumni Achievement Awards and Distinguished Alumni Awards, where Ambassadors have the chance to meet successful alumni and hear their stories about IUP and how it has impacted their lives. You may also get an unbelievable networking opportunity.
5. Lastly, the Ambassadors are the best group of people on campus that I know. Everyone is there to support one another in and outside of Ambassador activities. Meetings are professional but fun with a very positive atmosphere. You soon look at this group of people like another family and it’s great knowing they’ve got your back.
So, what’re you waiting for? Go nominate yourself! I did and it was one o the best decisions I have ever made! Visit http://www.iup.edu/alumni/ambassadors/ for more information, visit our website, or just ask any Ambassador you may know. We’d love to give you information about our organization!